Eating & Belonging: A Conversation
Happy to introduce Pâticheri’s next experiment–not with strange ingredients but with strange methods: a cross-blog conversation with friend and fellow blogger, food enthusiast, and part-Pondicherian-Canadian-American, Mark Jacobs. This started as an email communication that we decided to turn into a series of blog posts on eating, belonging, and figuring out what food means to two “US returned” sorts living at least some of our lives in Pondicherry.
What’s below are links to our point-counterpoint conversation, cross-posted both here and on Mark’s memestream. We’d love if y’all would come join the brawl!
The Conversation Thread
1. So American! (Deepa) 15 July 2012
2. You Are Having One American Nature Only, I Am Telling You (MBJ) 16 July 2012
3. Cosmopolitan Comforts (Deepa) 20 July 2012
4. No Accounting for Taste (MBJ) 24 July 2012
5. What a Mess! (Deepa) 10 August 2012
6. Tell Me What You Eat and I Will Tell You Who You Are (Mark) 21 August 2012